Lean rocky soils have been nurtured with organic farming practices where cover cropping and composting the fields provide a yearly dose of organic matter. The vines are irrigated from a thriving trout pond feeding them with living water. The hot arid days of the uplands and cool marine night air of the Pacific provide a perfect setting for nature to weave her magic.
Past harvests have brought Mesa Del Sol accolades; most
notably the 2002 Hunter Hill Mesa Del Sol Syrah took "Best in Show" at the 2005 California State Fair Wine Competition. The Syrah was chosen as number one from a
field of 2,800 wines.
The Marilyn Monroe of wines…..voluptuous, and luscious, nice structure, lots of legs. Big ripe cherry blackberry blast with hints of pepper, sage, eucalyptus and mocha. Velvety tannins and a long well rounded finish. A great stand alone wine or fabulous with steaks, lamb and stews. Perfect for drinking now or aging another 5 years. SHOP ➤
an Italian varietal, the principal grape in Chianti. A fruit forward wine, soft on the palate with just the right amount of tannins. Complex structure with overtones of lavender, pepper and spice. Some say, similar to a Pinot. A versatile wine, lovely with Italian foods, fish, cheeses and charcuterie. Ready to enjoy but also would cellar well. SHOP ➤
By name is a premium red wine blend. 100% Estate grown fruit. 50% Zinfandel, 25% Syrah and 25% Sangiovese with the best qualities of all three. We call it The Big Dog. Intricate structure, full-bodied, fun nose. Notes of pepper earthiness, anise and pomegranate, chocolate. Great with BBQ meats and spicy Asian food. Meant to be enjoyed now or cellar for up to 10 years. SHOP ➤
An elegant wine which soars from the glass with aromas of cranberry, toasted hazelnuts and cherries. The flavors are a riot of pomegrante, blackberry and essence of cedar. The acidity is keen to take on just about any meal. Will only round out more beautifully with cellaring.SHOP ➤
- Two seasonal shipments of Mesa Del Sol wine per year; spring and fall. Your choice of 3 bottles, half case (6 bottles) or case (12 bottles).
- Shipping costs range from approx. $30 (1/2 case) to $65 (case) Pick-up arrangements also possible, just call or email.
- 25% off retail prices plus free packaging and handling. Wine club discounts also available online.
- Special members-only yearly events at the Retreat.
- 25% off all future release wine orders.
- Membership is free and can be cancelled at any time
- Complimentary bottle of wine when you recruit a new member!